How to prepare the real Italian recipe of the Soft Heaven Cake or “Torta Paradiso”
The Soft Heaven Cake or Torta Paradiso is one of the most loved by children for its simplicity and taste. The cake is similar to a chiffon cake, as it is light and airy. Soft and delicate, it is ideal for a snack or a tasty breakfast Sunday. This is originally a traditional dessert from Genova, a very delicate, light and soft sponge cake that everyone loves.
- 6 Eggs
- 3 Egg Whites
- 200 grams of Sugar
- 200 grams of Butter
- 1 grated Lemon
- 100 grams of Potato Flour
- 100 grams of Flour
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla Sugar
- a dose of Baking Powder
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and put everything aside. Add the butter to a bowl, at room temperature and beat with an electric mixer until it becomes all fluffy, creamy. Include gradually the sugar and continue beating. Stir the softened butter with the sugar for a creamy mixture. Combine the 6 egg yolks one by one gradually and continue beating the mixture until it becomes light and still fluffy.
2. Add the 2 flours, the vanilla sugar and the baking powder slowly continuing to beat. Mix everything well. Beat all the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Combine the egg whites into the mixture, stirring gently. Add the egg whites, previously whites stiff and grated lemon rind. Butter and flour a cake pan of 20 cm of diameter and pour the mixture into the cake pan, bake at 180° for 50 minutes.
3. Let it cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Fluffy, soft and delicious. Powdered sugar on this cake will not absorb into the cake and get gummy. So when the cake is cool, sift the sugar all over the top of the cake. For a special twist cut the cake in the middle and add Nutella covering all the bottom surface like a sweet sandwich. Enjoy.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!