How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Ravioli with Ricotta Cheese and Spinach filling or “Ravioli Ricotta e Spinaci”, sage and butter sauce
The ravioli with ricotta cheese and spinach are a classic first course. They represent one of the best-known uses of fresh egg pasta. The filling of ricotta and spinach is light and fresh.
This is a simple stuffed ravioli made with a creamy ricotta spinach blend. Ideal for a vegetarian household, this is a special-occasion dish. Ideally for those delicate and sophisticated ravioli a butter and sage sauce would be perfect.
Ingredients for 6 people
Ingredients for Fresh Pasta Home Made
- 500 grams of Flour “0”
- 5 Eggs
Ingredients for Ravioli Filling with Spinach and Ricotta
- 200 grams of Ricotta Cheese
- 600 grams of Spinach
- 180 grams of Parmesan Cheese
- Salt, Pepper and Nutmeg as you prefer
Ingredients for Ravioli Sauce with Sage and Butter
- 100 grams of Butter
- Parmesan Cheese grated as you prefer
- Pepper as you prefer
- 6 fresh Sage leaves
Preparation of Fresh Pasta Egg
1. By Hand Pasta: on a clean wood surface make a well with the flour with donut shape. In a measuring cup mix the eggs, pour the liquid mixture slowly into the flour and mix slowly in round circles with your fingers until all of the liquid mixture is incorporated. Do not force the dough to take all of the flour. If you are going to use a Pasta Maker machine to roll out the dough you may at this point form the dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to rest. If you are going to roll this by hand you should knead the dough on a floured work surface for 8 to 10 minutes.
Preparation of Ravioli Filling
2. Wash the spinach and let them boil for 10 minutes in boiling water. When cooked, drain them well and let cool before you chop. It’s very important that spinach are well drained. Prepare the filling by mixing in a bowl the ricotta, spinach, 2 eggs, Parmesan, salt, pepper and nutmeg until you have a smooth mixture.
3. Take the dough, divide the dough in half and roll each part into two layers with a thickness of about 2 mm, with the aid of a rolling pin or a “Pasta Maker” machine. Spread the filling on the pastry with ricotta cheese and spinach in piles equidistant. Cover with the other sheet and cut out the ravioli with the toothed wheel or with the form ravioli.
Preparation of Ravioli Sauce
4. You can now dress the ravioli ricotta and spinach with a simple tasty sauce: with butter and sage in order to bring out the best of the filling flavor from your ravioli. Heat 100 grams of sliced butter in a pan over low heat and add the fresh sage leaves. Sauce is ready! Brush up directly in the pan the ravioli just drained and serve hat, complete the dish with a grinding of fresh pepper and of course a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!