How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Lemon Herb Chicken or “Pollo Arrosto al Limone e Erbe Aromatiche”
Roasted Chicken is literally an all time favourite of both of us, we love it! Great childhood memories having lunch with the family. An easy Sunday dish, which is made even more delicious if accompanied with roasted potatoes. Hearty comfort healthy eating in this delicious roast chicken recipe. Simple and super tasty!
- 12 chicken Drumsticks or Thighs (or use a combination depending on your preference)
- 1 bunch Chives
- 1 bunch of curly leaf Parsley and Rosemary
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 glass of white wine
- 3 tbsps Lemon juice (approx. yield from one lemon + grated zest if organic lemon)
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt approx
- Black pepper
1. Start by placing the chives, parsley leaves and rosemary into the food processor. Add in olive oil, lemon juice, a little bit of salt and blend all of these ingredients.
3. Rub the herb marinade evenly on the chicken. Add in the garlic in big chunks (to be removed after cooking). In an oven proof pan place your chicken and cover it with plastic wrap to marinade in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or better if over-night.
4. Remove the plastic wrap and bake uncovered for 25 minutes in a 350°F oven until it browns. Cover the chicken with foil, add a glass of white wine and place it back in the oven for 30 minutes to cook it through. To make sure your chicken is all the way cooked, cut off a little piece and check. Once the chicken is cooked through you are ready to serve. Absolutely gorgeous if served with roasted potatoes as side dish.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!