How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Grand Mix of Peppers or better “Peperonata”
A great classic of the Italian cuisine, the origin of this Grand Mix of Peppers is from Sicily: SICILIANS DO IT BETTER! It is very tasty and you can enjoy it hot or cold better with toasted bread, it is a healthy vegetarian combination of flavors.
“Peperonata” is a very tasty pepper stew. You can find the ingredients all year round. You can enjoy it warm in the colder months; and during the summer, you can use it as a topping for your toasted bread to make a delicious “bruschetta” on top of some slices of toasted bread. “Peperonata” is perfect for vegetarians but not only. It is simply delicious.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 kg of Pepperoni
- 500 grams of fresh Tomatoes
- 2 blonde Onion or better red Onion
- 50 grams of Capers
- 100 grams of black Olives, better “Gaeta” Olives
- 1 tablespoon of Origan
- 6 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper as you prefer
1. In a pan heat the oil with the onion, previously cut into strips of about 1 cm, until it has softened, after add the pepperoni previously cut into strips of 1 cm, the fresh tomatoes, the capers, the black olives, 1 tablespoon of origan, a bit of parsley, salt and pepper.
2. Cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!