How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Cannelloni Pasta with Ricotta Cheese and Spinach or “Cannelloni Ricotta e Spinaci”
A delicious healthy vegetarian recipe. Cannelloni pasta is a classic dish of the Italian cuisine ideal for a Sunday Family Lunch. Stuff rolled lasagne sheets with creamy spinach and ricotta, baked with tomato and Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients for 12 Cannelloni Pasta
- 12 sheets of Egg pasta
- 400 grams of Ricotta Cheese
- 500 grams of fresh Spinach
- 300 ml of Besciamella or Béchamel
- Half liter of Tomato sauce
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt, Pepper, Nutmeg
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Besciamella or Béchamel Sauce
- 50 grams of Butter
- 50 grams of Flour
- Half liter of Milk
- Salt, Pepper, and Nutmeg as preferred
Preparation of the Besciamella or Béchamel Sauce
1. Melt the butter in a pan add the flour and cook for 3 minutes; meanwhile bring the milk to a boil with salt pepper and nutmeg, stir in the butter and flour and simmer for five minutes.
SECRET: the Béchamel is ready just when you put the spoon into the sauce and when you take it out the sauce remains firmly attached to the spoon.
Preparation of Cannelloni
2. Clean very well the fresh spinach, rinse them thoroughly and boil them in a little boiling water for a few minutes. Drain, squeeze and chop with a food processor. Boil a few at a time the sheets of pasta in boiling salted water with the addition of a tablespoon of oil for about two minutes each. Drain them, put them to cool in cold water and place them on a clean cloth and let them cool without overlapping.
3. In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese chopped spinach and grated Parmesan. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix everything well. Fill each pastry with a bit of dough with ricotta and spinach and roll in on themselves to form the cannelloni. In a saucepan, heat a tablespoon of oil and tomato sauce. Cook covered for about 20 minutes. Arrange the cannelloni in a baking dish lightly oiled covering them with the béchamel, tomato sauce and sprinkle with a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 200 ° C for 35 minutes.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!