How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Champagne Risotto or “Risotto allo Champagne”
The Champagne risotto is a classic Italian dish for an exclusive dinner or occasion. The simplicity of the ingredients is enhanced by the taste of Champagne for a great result, very romantic dinner.
Risotto allo champagne is a classic first course, easy and quick to prepare, very elegant and tasty, perfect for an important occasion such as New Year’s Eve or a special romantic encounter. The simplicity of the ingredients is enhanced by the champagne aromas that give a touch of romanticism and an aphrodisiac effect to this dish. Champagne sparkling wine can only be called so if produced in the region of France bearing the same name. We suggest complementing this risotto with a sparkling sophisticated flute of champagne.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 grams of Rice
- 30-60 grams of Butter
- 1 Blonde Onion chopped
- 1/2 bottle of Champagne
- 1/2 glass of Cream
- 500 ml of Vegetable Broth
- 50 grams of Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper as you prefer
1. In a casserole heat the butter with the chopped blond onion until has softened, after few minutes pour the rice, fry, stirring, over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes and then add the champagne when it’s evaporated (about 3 minutes) lower the heat and add the vegetable broth warmed up, 1 ladle of the simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Actually for this recipe, you can also use any good dry sparkling wine, Italian, French or otherwise. But we suggest using original Champagne.
2. Continue cooking the rice, adding the broth 1 ladle at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of broth to absorb before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite, about 20 minutes total. Plan your timing well – it is very easy to overcook risotto!
3. The end of the cooking is critical for the final texture of the dish, so when the rice is nearly tender to the bite, but with just a hint of resistance – al dente, and the liquid you have added up to this point has been mostly absorbed, remove from the heat add the grated Parmesan cheese and butter to taste, about 30 g (2 tablespoons) add also the liquid cream if you wish, but you can also make the recipe without liquid cream for a light version. Let it stand for 1 or 2 minutes. Arrange the risotto on a serving dish, serve immediately.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!