How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Mascarpone Custard or “Crema al Mascarpone”
Mascarpone Custard is a delicious dessert by the spoon, with a delicate taste eaten alone or perfect with a slice of cake, or even donuts. The preparation is quite simple and fast but the most important components of this recipe are the ingredients: which all must be fresh. You can also use this instead of custard when you make a fruit tart. Mascarpone is an Italian cheese made from cream, coagulated by the addition of certain acidic substances, such as lemon juice, vinegar, citric acid or acetic acid. Mascarpone is milky-white in color and is easy to spread. We love anything with Mascarpone, this is a easy and delicious custard to use with any dessert!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 6 tablespoons of Sugar
- 500 grams of Mascarpone, fresh Italian cheese
- 6 tablespoons of Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Beat the yolks with the sugar until frothy, together with Vanilla essence, add the Mascarpone cheese and beat for 1 minute.
- Mount the egg white to snow. Mount the egg whites until stiff add them to the mixture, stirring from bottom to top and then add the chocolate chips to the mix.
- Allow Mascarpone creme to set slightly in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Serve in small cups with strawberries decoration. Strawberries are so beautiful and delicious when accompanied with a simple creamy mascarpone cream. Or serve simply with dark cocoa powder on top as on picture below.
- Delicious also as a filling for any cake like Italian Tiramisu!
TIP: To fill cakes: place the Mascarpone mixture in a piping bag with a star tip attached or a plastic bag and cut off one corner of the bag to pipe. Slowly pipe the Mascarpone cream into the cake until filled.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!