How to prepare the real Italian recipe of a delicious Ham Pie or “Tortino al Prosciutto”
Unleash this wonderful Ham Pie-Bread upon your guests, a delicious ham pie, homemade to enjoy with friends. The aroma of home-made bread baking in the oven is warm and brings nice family memories to mind. The aroma of prosciutto bread baking goes even beyond that! It is difficult to wait for the bread to cool before cutting that first, inviting slice. Prosciutto bread is a relatively easy bread to make, so definitely give it a try.
- 100 gr of Flour
- a teaspoon of Baking Powder
- a pinch of Salt
- Raw or Cooked Ham 200 gr. cut into cubes
- 150 gr. grated Parmesan Cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano
- 3 eggs
- a small coffee cup of Milk
- a small coffee cup of Oil, Corn or Sunflower oil will be good
- 1 tablespoon minced Rosemary
- To cook: a loaf pan greased and floured or lined with parchment paper.
- To accompany: a Bechamel sauce, warm.
1. Sift the flour with the baking powder and a pinch of salt, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the flour when they are inflated a spoonful at a time, be sure to dissolve well any aggregation of flour or lumps. Then incorporate the ham and cheese, at the end add milk and oil as well.
2. Pour the mixture into the Baking Pan, cover with a towel and let rise 15 minutes. Place the Baking Pan in the oven heated to 180 and leave it for 40 -45 minutes. Turn out the cake and serve it sliced, would be great accompanied with a bechamel sauce, serve hot. Yummy!
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!