How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Goat Cheese-Balls with Pistachio and Rocket or “Polpettine di Caprino con Pistacchi e Rucola”
A delicious appetizer all cheese based but light and fast, those Caprino Goats Cheese-balls are suitable for any occasion. Easy, quick, super tasty. A good starter for large dinners with friends, well presented light soft cheese. Caprino is an Italian cheese traditionally made from whole or skim goat’s milk. The name of the cheese derives from the Italian word for goat, capra. Goat cheese has been made for thousands of years, and was probably one of the earliest made dairy products. Enjoy and have fun!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 130 grams of Goat Cheese like “Caprino” or Philadelphia
- 250 grams of white Greek Yogurt
- 3 slices wholemeal Bread chopped
- 100 grams of chopped Pistachios
- Chopped Chives
- Rocket for decoration
- Salt and Pepper as you prefer
- In a bowl, mix well the goat cheese, chopped chives, yogurt, rusks crumbled, 50 grams of chopped pistachios. Put the mix in the freezer to make it coagulate well for about 30 minutes.
- Now prepare the balls not too big and cover them with the remaining pistachios chopped and a leaf of arugula on each ball. Serve.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!