How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Creme Caramel or “Budino Creme Caramel all’Italiana”
A healthy and light dessert for all the family, Budino or Créme Caramel, is a simple and old-fashioned dessert made just with milk, eggs and sugar. A delicious Italian pudding, it dates back to ancient Roma. A must of Italian and international cuisine made in different variations all over the world: here we prepare a classic Italian recipe. Yummy!
Ingredients for 6 People
- 500 grams of Whole Milk
- 3 Eggs and 1 Yolk
- 120 grams of Sugar
- a Vanilla bean
- 6 ramekins/molds
Ingredients for Caramel
- 100 grams of Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Water
- (For those who do not wish to prepare the caramel at home, they can find it easily at the supermarket ready to use. We prefer to prepare it, so easy!)
Preparation of Budino
- Gently heat the milk, adding a split vanilla pod: in a deep saucepan boil the milk together with a vanilla bean engraved along its length; when reaching boiling state immediately remove from the fire and let it stand for 15 minutes to ensure that the milk assimilates all the vanilla scent.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and the hot milk, stir very slowly with a whisk to prevent the mixture from incorporating too much air. Continue beating, after adding the milk with the vanilla bean.
- Pour the Caramel (*) in 6 crème caramel molds.
- Pour the mixture into the molds, filtering using a sieve to remove the vanilla beans. Filter the milk and join the caramel on top into all the molds. Settle them in a pan with high sides filled with cold water, cooking a bain-marie in the oven for 1 hour and 15 mins at 160°C.
- The creme caramel is ready when the cream has curdled while still soft. Let it cool in the water before transferring the molds in the fridge, wait at least 2/3 hours before you flip them on a serving plate. Enjoy.
*Preparation of the Caramel
- We combine the sugar and a little bit of water in a saucepan and put on low heat.
- Without touching it, let it cook until the mixture is colored. Once obtained a brown color, pour it carefully over the six ramekins. Temperature is very high so be careful when pouring it.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!