How to prepare the real Italian recipe of “Aubergines and Tomato Pie or Parmigiana di Melanzane”
Expression of the simple home cooking but creative and above all economic “Aubergines and Tomato Pie” is one of the most successful dishes of the Mediterranean tradition and has a great advantage, it can be prepared in advance and cooked in the oven before serving it hot and sliced.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 kg of Aubergines
- 1 Kg of Tomatoes
- 500 grams of Mozzarella Cheese
- 100 grams of Parmesan Cheese
- Basil as you prefer
- 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Peanut oil for frying
1. Cut the Aubergines into slices about half a centimeter and sprinkle of salt, so that they lose the bitterness. In the meanwhile prepare the tomato sauce, add to a pan the extra virgin olive oil, warm and then add the tomato and salt, cook for about half an hour, over medium heat. After about 30 minutes, rinse the aubergines to remove the salt and dry well with paper towels. Flour the slices one by one and in a high-sided frying pan fry them in hot oil. Drain the oil and leave them to dry on absorbent paper.
2. When the sauce will be restricted, place in a baking pan with high sides, stratify the components in order: the tomato sauce, aubergines, mozzarella cheese slices and Parmesan cheese, repeat until all ingredients are used. Complete with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 200 ° for 30 minutes.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!