How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Zucchini stuffed with rice or “Zucchine ripiene con il riso”
The stuffed zucchini are a delicious traditional Italian dish, a good alternative eating rice and vegetables, you can use zucchini or aubergines or red and yellow peppers. Delicious cold and hot, you just have to try it!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 300 grams of Vialone Rice ( vialone is a kind of rice)
- 8 Zucchini
- 80 grams of Butter
- 3 Amaretti crushed
- 100 grams of Fontina Cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 80 grams of Parmesan Cheese grated
- Salt and Pepper as you prefer
- Cook the rice: use the same method of the pasta. When it is ready, pour it in a bowl with butter, 50 grams of Parmesan, Fontina cheese and mix well.
- Cut zucchini in half and take out the center. Mix the chopped zucchini with crushed Amaretti, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, verse into the rice and mix well.
- Fill the zucchini with rice, put into a baking sheet, previously buttered, cover the zucchini with other parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes at 180°C.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!