How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Vermicelli Pasta omelet with Anchovies, Olives and Raisins or “Frittata di Vermicelli di Zio Beppe”
This recipe is a memory of Tiziana’s childhood when her uncle used to visit her at home and he would always prepare this Vermicelli pasta omelet or Frittata di vermicelli, he is from Tuscany but this recipe is typically from Naples.
- ½ kg of Vermicelli Pasta( like Barilla n°8)
- 150 grams of Anchovies
- 150 grams of Anchovies Chopped
- 150 grams of green olives
- 150 grams of Black Olives
- 100 grams of Raisin
- 9 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In addition: 30 grams of Pine Nuts if you like
- In a pan add 6 tablespoon of Extra virgin Olive Oil and 150 grams of anchovies, cook for 2/3 minutes. After that Boil the water and cook Vermicelli pasta “al dente”, drain the pasta and season with the anchovy sauce.
- In a bowl pour 150 grams of chopped anchovies, green and black olives cut round, the raisins, previously soaked in warm water and squeezed well, and mix all the ingredients (at this point you can also add the pine nuts if you like).
- In a pan pour 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heat, add half part of Vermicelli Pasta, add the mixture of anchovies, olives and raisin and cover with the other part of Vermicelli pasta. Cook for 15/20 minutes then with the help of a lid reverse the fried “frittata” and verse the other part into the pan, cook for 15/20 minutes more. Enjoy!
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!