How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Pasta with Pesto or “Pasta al Pesto”, in this case, Spaghetti with Pesto, fresh Pachino tomato and pine nuts
A tasty and healthy variation of this recipe from Liguria, a region in the north of Italy which is the home of our pesto sauce.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 320 grams of Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 tablespoons of Pine Nuts
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons of Pesto sauce
- 40 Pachino Tomatoes
- Salt, Basil as you refer
1. Add the pine nuts to a pan with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and let it cook for a few minutes, not to brown the pine nuts. Include the Pachino tomatoes, previously cut into cubes, to the pan and cook for 5 minutes with high heat, sprinkle with salt at the end.
2. In the meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water and dilute the pesto with a few tablespoons of cooking water from the pasta itself. Drain the pasta, throw it in the pan with the tomatoes and saute a minute. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the pesto.
3. Serve garnished pasta in the dishes to taste with the fresh basil leaves, of the toasted pine nuts in a pan and some chopped Pachino tomatoes.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!