How to prepare the real Italian recipe of the “Shrimp Cocktail in pink sauce”
The shrimps cocktail in pink sauce is just wonderful, tasty and delicate at the same time,
elegant and the perfect opening for a nice dinner. The delicate flavor of the shrimps goes perfectly with the flavor of the pink sauce giving rise to a pleasant contrast of flavors and a quite refined finish.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 grams of Peeled Shrimps
- 200 grams of Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- Salad as you prefer
- Sprinkle of Tabasco
- For decoration: slice of lemon and two little Pachino tomatoes
1. Add the mayonnaise in a bowl and add the ketchup and Dijon Mustard. Begin to mix well so as to amalgamate the three sauces until the sauce is smooth and rosy. Add the Worcestershire sauce make it blend well into the mixture and then add the Tabasco Stir again and let stand.
2. In the meanwhile, add on the fire a saucepan with cold water and bring to boil just when the water boils, turn off the heat and put into the shrimps but before you have to wash well and peeled. Let them inside for 2 minutes and then making them drain. When they are well cooled and drained pour into the bowl with the pink sauce. Mix well and gently so as to incorporate the shrimps to the sauce . Let stand for 10 minutes .
3. Now you can compose the cocktail, you bring 4 cups, we prefer if transparent, put the salad inside and distribute, as you like, the shrimps with their sauce, a slice of lemon and 2 little Pachino tomatoes for decoration in each cups and a sprinkle of Tabasco and then…
The consistency of the sauce should not be liquid, but rather dense and homogeneous. You can add half a glass of Cognac to make the sauce more aromatic. Buy frozen shrimp already shelled and making them thaw before using. You can use any type of salad to line the cups : lettuce, radicchio or mixed salad.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!