How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Red Cabbage salad or ” Insalata di Cavolo Rosso Altoatesina”
The Red Cabbage Salad is a nutritious and healthy dish, fast and very easy, suitable for all the occasions, ideal for a brunch, or a Sunday lunch and for an important dinner, there are a few variants of this salad but today we will propose the classic recipe: “Insatata Altoatesina”.
Red cabbage, contains polyphenols which include antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds called anthocyanins. This vegetable is also unique as rich in glucosinolates. These phytonutrients can be converted by the body into isothiocyanates that have special detoxification and anti-cancer properties. Very healthy meal…
- 1 Red Cabbage
- 1 Apple
- 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 glass of Red Wine
- 1/2 glass of Broth
- 40 grams of Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash the cabbage and cut into strips 1 cm wide, cut the onion in finely slice and the apple into cubes.
- In a frying pan melt the butter and add the chopped onion, cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, the red cabbage and the apple, stir and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Salt and pepper as you prefer, add the vinegar and let it evaporate.
- Finally, add the red wine and cook for 3 minutes without the lid, then cover with a lid and cook over low heat for additional 15 minutes.
- During cooking, add the broth needed directly to the cabbage so that it wont be too dry.
TIP: If you like, to make this warm salad even richer, you can also add nuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, some peaces of orange.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!