How to prepare the real Italian recipe of the Traditional Pumpkin “Risotto”
The pumpkin risotto is a traditional dish in Northern Italy, in particular, is very popular in Lombardia. Mantua has a fine quality of pumpkin. For this traditional recipe there are many variants, particularly as regards the firing of the pumpkin itself, we propose the recipe that seems to be the closest to the traditional.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 500 grams of Pumpkin
- 250 grams of Rice
- 100 g Butter
- 1 Onion
- 1 sprig of Sage
- 5 tablespoons of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 liter of Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Black Pepper
1. Clean the pumpkin from the peel and the seeds inside filaments and then the wash and cut into cubes.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter with onion, peeled and chopped and the fresh sage washed. Then you can add the rice to the pan and toast it, so that the starch remains sealed in the beans themselves.
3. Then, add the diced pumpkin and have them cook with the rice, mix continuously. Gradually add the hot vegetable stock and do not forget to mix. Let it cook over medium heat for about twenty minutes until the liquid is absorbed almost completely.
4. Towards the end of cooking, you can add the tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and another knob of butter. Serve the rice wave, nice and soft and warm.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!