How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Peas with Parma Ham or “Piselli al Prosciutto”
The Peas with Parma Ham are an everyday Italian side dish, very tasty and quick to prepare, “Piselli al Prosciutto” are excellent to be served with main dishes, perfect with meat and white fish, very appreciated by the youngest. If you prefer you can also replace the diced parma ham with cubes of “Pancetta” or bacon to make this side dish even more flavorful and tasty. For a vegetarian option remove the ham or bacon and add some smocked Tofu. Children will love it!
Ingredients for 6-8 people
- 100 grams of Butter (you can also use Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of Butter for a healthier option)
- 1 kg grams of Peas, better if fresh, or you can use the frozen ones
- Half glass of stock or white wine
- 250 grams of Parma Ham ideally in one thick slice to be cut into cubes
- 1 little Blonde Onion
- Salt and Pepper as preferred
1. In a saucepan add the butter or olive oil and the blonde onion previously washed and cut, cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes, until the onion becomes a bit brown.
2. Add the peas, salt, pepper and cook for 5 minutes, add the stock or white wine and the parma ham, let it cook over low heat for 15 minutes more. Serve!
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!