How to prepare the real Italian recipe of “Lasagna Pesto, Ricotta Cheese, and Pachino Tomatoes”
Lasagna is a kind of Pasta which is flat and thin, Ricotta is a fresh typical Italian cheese and Pachino is a quality of tomatoes from Pachino, Sicily. The best of Italy, fresh, high-quality ingredients needed for this healthy vegetarian recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 250 grams of Lasagna or 1 Box of Barilla (Italian Brand)
- 100 grams of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 300 gr of Pesto
- 400 grams of Ricotta Cheese
- 600 grams of Pachino Tomatoes
- Half Liter of Bechamel
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper as preferred
Besciamella or Béchamel Sauce
- 50 grams of Butter
- 50 grams of Flour
- Half liter of Milk
- Salt, Pepper, and Nutmeg as you prefer
Preparation 1° Besciamella or Béchamel Sauce
1. Melt the butter in a pan add the flour and cook for 3 minutes; meanwhile bring the milk to a boil with salt pepper and nutmeg, stir in the butter and flour and simmer for five minutes.
THE SECRET: the bechamel is ready just when you put the spoon into the sauce and when you take out the sauce stays firmly attached to the spoon.
Preparation 2° The Tomato Sauce
2. In a pan, cook the Pachino tomatoes with 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Oil Olive, salt and half glass of hot water for 10 minutes, without restricting too much the sauce.
3. In a bowl mix the ricotta cheese with a bit of milk dissolved (half glass ) and pesto.
Preparation 3° The Lasagna Pasta
4. Cook the lasagna according to the instructions. About 8 minutes in 6 quarts of boiling salted water. Drain, rinse with cold water. Lay the individual lasagna noodles out on kitchen towels, very delicate, not touching between each other, so they do not stick together while you layer the casserole.
5. Start by placing a little bit of béchamel sauce on the bottom of the casserole, then build the 4 layers of lasagna, alternating pasta, béchamel sauce, Ricotta Cheese and Pesto, Pachino Tomatoes Sauce and Grated Parmesan Cheese and then again for 3 layers more. Finish the lasagna with béchamel sauce, Ricotta Cheese and Pesto, Pachino Tomatoes Sauce and Grated Parmesan Cheese.
6. Bake uncovered at 200° degrees until the lasagne is bubbling and the corners are getting brown; about 30 minutes…
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!