How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Tomato and Basil Pasta or “Spaghetti al Pomodoro e Basilico”
There are many different ways to prepare this easy and quick recipe but below you can find the original one. Spaghetti Pasta with tomato sauce and basil is an everyday classic of the Italian cuisine: simple, easy, quick and tasty. It tastes great with any type of pasta: spaghetti, rigatoni, linguine, lasagna and fettuccine or on ravioli. A delicious sauce made with fresh tomatoes and fresh basil. You can’t miss it!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 350 grams of Spaghetti Pasta (Like De Cecco or Barilla)
- 600 grams of San Marzano canned Tomatoes or fresh red Tomatoes, 8-10 pounds Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 9 Basil leaves, at least 1 cup
- 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt as you prefer
- 50 grams of Parmesan Cheese
1. Wash and chop the fresh tomatoes. Wash and peel the garlic. Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a large saucepan over medium heat, once hot, add the garlic just unpeeled – garlic should be removed after cooking. Once the garlic have softened (do not burn it!), add the chopped tomatoes, basil, salt and cook for about 20 minutes.
2. In the meanwhile in a large pot of boiling salted water cook the pasta as from instructions “al dente“, the traditional way: read well the cooking instructions on the pasta box. Drain pasta al dente and toss with the tomato sauce, sprinkle with plenty of Parmesan Cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil raw.
TIP: Fresh tomatoes and a touch of basil added in the end for a nice aroma is a fresh healthy option for this light dish. Garlic should be removed before adding the sauce to the pasta “al dente”.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!