How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Crown Rice with Saffron and Speck or “Riso allo Zafferano e Speck”
The Crown of Rice with Saffron and Speck Smoked Ham is considered a unique dish, with distinct taste and very Italian. Suitable for a buffet dinner and of course better if accompanied by an excellent Italian Wine.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 600 grams of Carnaroli Rice (Carnaroli is a kind of Rice)
- 200 grams of Speck
- 200 grams of Smoked Cheese or Scamorza Cheese
- 30 grams of Butter
- 130 grams of Parmesan
- Saffron in powder
- 1 Lt of Vegetable Broth
- Salt and Peppe as you prefer
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and then add the rice and toast it will be toasted only when it changes color, more transparent.
- Dissolve the saffron in a glass with a ladle of broth, add the saffron to the rice, stirring slowly. Add the broth, prepared previously, stir well and cook for 10 minutes without turning the rice. Drain some liquid from the rice, but not quite, include the rice in a bowl and season with the diced smoked cheese, a pinch of salt, freshly ground black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Use, with speck at the bottom, a springform pan with the hole (like the one used for cakes) pour the rice on top, compacted well with the back of a spoon and close with slices of speck on top of the rice. Put in the oven, previously heated to 180 ° C for 20 minutes, baked, let stand for 5 minutes and then just turn it on a round tray upside down. Serve your crown rice hot or warm. Yummy!
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!