How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Spaghetti Pasta with Tuna or “Spaghetti con il Tonno”
A simple and healthy recipe very tasty, ideal for every taste and used in Italy during summer or for a nice weekend Lunch with the family, actually suitable in All Seasons.
Italian canned tuna in olive oil, is a must use for this delicious Italian pasta dish. Spaghetti and linguine go particularly well with light tomato sauces and seafood, which cling to the long strands.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 320 grams of Linguini or Spaghetti Pasta (Like De Cecco or Barilla n°5 for example)
- 6 fillets of Anchovies
- 1 fresh Onion
- 300 grams of Pachino Tomatoes
- 250 grams of Tuna canned
- 40 grams of Capers
- 1 tablespoon of concentrate Tomato
- grated zest of one Lemon
- 1 Chili
- 60 grams of Black Olives cut
- 40 grams of Parsley
- 5 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper as you prefer
1. Remove the salt from the capers, let them soak in water and vinegar for 10 minutes then drain them, squeeze and dry. In a pan add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the onion, previously cut into julienne, and cook with a bit of water, add the anchovies, capers, chili, black olives (previously cut) and fresh Pachino tomatoes cut in half.
2. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, add 1 tablespoon of tomato concentrated with half ladle of hot cooking water pasta and finally add the drained and chopped tuna. Oil should be removed from the canned tuna before cooking it; Extra virgin olive oil has been added to the recipe instead.
3. Boil the pasta according to instructions, al dente, and finish cooking into the saucepan and if necessary add a little of hot water (from the water previously boiled with the pasta).
4. Serve with a some fresh Parsley on top, grated lemon into strips and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!