How to prepare the real Italian recipe of “Rigatoni alla Gricia” or Rigatoni Pasta Gricia
Pasta Gricia is a very popular first course of Lazio region in the center of Italy, it seems to be the original ancestor of matriciana, an ancient version without tomato.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 320 grams of Rigatoni Pasta
- 200 grams of “Pancetta” or “Guanciale” (chopped, about 1-2cm) Pork similar to Bacon cut, or use bacon if pancetta is not available
- 100 grams of grated Pecorino Cheese
- Salt, Pepper as you prefer
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, of course
1. Cut the bacon into strips and fry in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, once the bacon will become transparent and all the fat has melted, turn off the heat. Do not burn the bacon! Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pot with salted water.
2. Drain the pasta “al dente”, take a few spoons of the cooking water and pour into the pan with the bacon. Add the grated pecorino cheese and plenty of black pepper, mix the sauce with pasta to make the Gricia, fry for a few minutes.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!