How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Chicken with Peppers or “Pollo con i Peperoni”
Chicken with Peppers is a typical dish of the traditional Roman cuisine, a regional recipe linked to the old kitchen of “i Castelli”, this place is famous as well for its red wine. Usually to be served on summer time in August.
It’s a simple dish, very tasty and the result is guaranteed by the quality and freshness of the ingredients, important to use the latest juicy tomatoes in season, beautiful peppers and possibly a free-range chicken. Don’t forget to prepare also some nice bread to leave on the table: when you eat the chicken with peppers it’s impossible not to soak the bread in the sauce!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 kg Chicken cut in pieces
- 3 Pepper (red and yellow)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 glass of White Wine
- 1 Canned Tomato
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato Concentrate
- Salt and Pepper as preferred
- Fresh Origan
1. Clean the peppers, remove the seeds and pith, cut in wide-brimmed.
2. In a pan add the peppers with the garlic and let them fry, and add the chicken cut into pieces. Sauté the chicken well on all sides for about 5 minutes, add salt and pepper. Pour the white wine and let evaporate.
3. Add the tomatoes canned and the 2 tablespoons of tomato concentrate to the chicken, cook all together. Season with salt and cook with the lid left slightly raised with a wooden spoon.
4. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes over medium heat, turning occasionally. Season with fresh origan or marjoram. Serve the chicken hot with homemade bread for the typical irresistible “Little-Shoe or Scarpetta”.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!