How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Aubergine Rolls with Speck or “Involtini di Melanzane e Speck”
An easy and quick Rolls recipe made with Aubergines and Speck Smoked Ham, between the most popular ingredients of the Italian cuisine, simply delicious. Eggplant is actually a fruit, specifically a berry, did you know??? Eggplants or aubergines are a species of nightshade grown for its edible fruit. “Eggplant” is the common name in North American and Australian English but British English and French use “Aubergine“. Here below between the best aubergine recipes, so easy, perfect for a last-minute appetizer with friends or for a healthy lunch option, you cannot miss it!
- 2 Aubergines
- 100 gr di Speck Smoked Ham from the North of Italy or if you like Bacon as a substitute
- 2 slices of White Bread
- 4-5 tablespoons of Pecorino Cheese grated or Parmisan if you prefer a less strong taste
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- a bit of Parsley
- Salt and Pepper as you preferred
Preparation of Aubergines Rolls
- Wash the aubergines and cut them into slices length-high 2 cm. Then grill them.
- Wet the bread and squeeze, pour in a bowl with the Pecorino cheese (or Parmisan if you prefer), olive oil, parsley.
- With the mixture formed into balls to be placed at the base of each aubergine slices, roll up the slices around the filling. Then wrap each roll in a slice of speck.
- Put the rolls in a baking dish and bake at 230° C for 10 minutes. Serve.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!