How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Artichoke Pie or “Torta Rustica ai Carciofi”
The Artichoke Pie is an easy and delicious recipe, everyone simply loves it. Ideal for an appetizer with a nice glass of Red Italian Wine, for a picnic, a party or for the main course and you can always add a special salad as a side! Spring is ideal to consume artichokes and they are a very healthy choice. Artichokes are a powerful superfood. The phytonutrients in artichokes provide strong antioxidant benefits, and a serving of artichokes provides greater antioxidant benefits per serving than many other foods traditionally considered to be antioxidant-rich such as dark chocolate, blueberries, and red wine. Anthocyanins, quercetin, rutin, and many other antioxidants contained in fresh artichokes offer a range of health benefits, from cancer prevention and immune support to protection against heart disease. And they are absolutely super Yummy in this recipe!
- 5 Artichokes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Garlic
- 2 spreadable Goat Cheese
- 100 grams of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 100 grams of Smoked Scamorza Cheese
- 1 Rolls of Puff Pastry
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper as you prefer
- A pinch of Parsley
- In a pan add the oil, garlic, artichokes previously cut in chunks, with salt and pepper, cover with a lid and let them cook for 10 minutes. When the artichokes are ready, remove the garlic and add some parsley leaves previously cut.
- Add the eggs to a bowl, with the spreadable Goats cheese, Scamorza cheese reduced in cubes, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Include the artichokes.
- Line a cake tin with a sheet of baking paper and lay the pastry, verse the mix from the bowl, add on top some pieces of artichokes to decorate. Bake at 200° for 30 minutes.
TIP: if you want, you can also add to the mixture 30 ml of fresh cream and 2 boiled potatoes cut into cubes.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!