How to prepare the real Italian Recipe of “Angry Penne Pasta with Tomato sauce and chili or Pasta all’Arrabbiata”
The easy spicy favorite pasta of the Italian cuisine. Although this recipe has undergone many changes generally this below is commonly used as the real recipe in Rome for “Penne all’Arrabiata”.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 320 grams of Pasta “Penne”
- 3 or 4 Garlic gloves
- Hot Chili as preferred
- 500 grams of Tomato sauce or you can also use fresh slices of tomato for a healthier version
- 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parsley as preferred (do not use cilantro – never!)
1. Add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and red pepper to a pan, fry for few minutes. Don’t let the garlic turn brown, after 2 minutes max, add the tomato sauce and a little bit of salt. Reduce the heat, cook for another few minutes, stirring occasionally and crushing the tomatoes into the sauce.
2. Cook for about 15 minutes. In the meantime, cook the penne according to the packet instructions. Boil the Penne pasta and dress with the tomato sauce and chopped parsley. Mix the pasta with sauce and garnish with parsley, optional, add and handful of grated parmesan cheese.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!